The Artsy Addict Kitchen Sink The Artsy Addict Lick My Spoon The Artsy Addict Snaps N' Shots The Artsy Addict Cozy Cottage The Artsy Addict Paper Pretties The Artsy Addict

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Traditions and Memories


Ever since I can remember I've been soooo excited for Santa! I remember at Christmas a few different years as a young girl, getting up almost every ten minutes and running into the living room to ask my sister, "Did Santa come yet? Did he come?" After awhile, you could tell she started to lose her patience with me and said, "If you don't go to sleep, he's not coming!" So I'd race back to my bedroom and jump into bed! My heart would race as I thought... ohhhh I hope he comes! I hope I've been good enough this year!! 

Of course, this time of year is not about the presents, but to remember the birth of our Savior. I will always have a special place in my heart for Santa and the spirit of giving at Christmas. It is one of my favorite times of the year! 

I decided to share a project I made from a couple years ago... hoping to inspire some of you to remember your childhood memories of Christmas and to reflect back on your children's memories of the Christmas season as well. It might be fun to get together as a family and share your favorite Christmas memory or have some paper next to a cute project you've made with  a header that says "What is your favorite Christmas or Childhood memory?" (This is always a great idea if your family doesn't like to be put right in the spotlight)

I'd love to hear your memories and stories of Christmas! It gets me really excited about this time of year! 
So please take a moment to comment and tell me your favorite childhood memory of Christmas or a tradition that has carried on in your family... I would love some ideas for my future babies!


Materials used for Santa Project:
Wood: The Wood Connection - (This alphabet is no longer available but there are  really cute current alphabets that you can use) ***If you don't live close to the wood connection or a local wood shop,  I can ship you some wood from another current alphabet, please email me for further details***
Paint:  Brand: Delta Color: Burnt Umber
Paper & Embellishments: Bo Bunny Christmas Tis' The Season ***This paper has been discontinued but you can find lots of really cute christmas paper at my favorite online scrapbook store, Happy Scrappin' Scrapbooking.
The Santa - I found this porcelain lamp at Michaels but we have some really cute wood Santa's in The Wood Connection that you can use or you can find or make your own cute Santa. 




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment